# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
Start Date :
Engineering Manufacturing Technologies (“EMT”) is a metal component manufacturer located near Binghamton, NY. Our manufacturing facility is over 130,000 sq. ft. and we employ over 150 personnel. EMT has been in business for over 70 years and our manufacturing processes include Punch Press Stampings, Sheet Metal Fabrications, and CNC Machining & Turned parts. EMT is known as a leader in our industry and our manufacturing facility houses the “most state of the art” equipment. Our continued growth in the automotive, aerospace, commercial/industrial, DOD, firearm, and pharmaceutical industries requires EMT to hire an experienced Process Engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be responsible for a broad range of Industrial Engineering activities aimed at improving the company’s overall manufacturing efficiencies. The Engineer will manage multiple continuous improvement activities, monitor results through internal audits, and champion LEAN initiatives throughout the manufacturing operation. Typical responsibilities include:
• Evaluate existing processes to identify changes that could improve throughputs, decrease change-over times, enhance operator performance and improve ergonomics and overall safety.
• Develop standardized work processes.
• Review BOMs and routers to identify areas for improvement in material and labor utilization.
• Champion process improvement activities on production floor in all areas of the operation including stamping, machining, and sheet metal fabrication.
• Document all continuous improvement efforts and communicate those results to management in regular meetings.
• Collaborate with Production and Engineering personnel to achieve optimal performance improvements.
• Work with Production personal to identify potential areas of improvement.
• Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
• 5 - 10 Years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in application of LEAN practices, with knowledge and ability in the use of statistical tools to set up projects and measure efficiency.
• CAD and Solidworks experience
• Six sigma training or certification is a plus.
• Proven track record of successfully leading continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing operation.
• Experience in project management and implementing changes to manufacturing processes (such as improving change-over times, or material flow, throughputs, etc.).
• Knowledge of Production methods and experience in the manufacture of stampings, sheet metal fabrications and machined component items is a strong plus.
• Experience in Blueprint reading and familiarity with print and material specifications.
• Strong leadership skills are required.
• Ability to clearly communicate at all levels within the organization, both verbally and in writing.
• Trouble-shooting and problem-solving mentality is essential.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A strong and dedicated work ethic
EMT provides an exciting and challenging work environment for the right candidate. EMT offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary with an incentive bonus plan. EMT’s fringe benefits include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with employer match, employee FSA’s, and much more. EMT is looking for a career oriented professional to join our organization, who will demonstrate leadership qualities which will assist the company in achieving our aggressive growth and expansion plans.
101 Delaware Avenue
Endicott, NY 13760
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :