# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
Start Date :
Engineering Manufacturing Technologies (“EMT”) is a metal component manufacturer located near Binghamton, NY. Our manufacturing facility is over 130,000 sq. ft. and we employ over 100 personnel. EMT has been in business for over 70 years and our manufacturing processes include Punch Press Stampings, Sheet Metal Fabrications, and CNC Machining & Turned parts. EMT is known as a leader in our industry and our manufacturing facility houses the “most state of the art” equipment. Our continued growth in the automotive, aerospace, commercial/industrial, DOD, firearm, and pharmaceutical industries requires EMT to hire an experienced Materials Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for Materials Management function including planning, procurement, storage, control and distribution of materials and products to meet Company objectives and customer requirements. Responsible for managing and overseeing the Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control, and Shipping and Receiving Departments. Specific functions include, but not limited to:
• Maintaining optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while striving to minimize inventory carrying costs and freight charges.
• Establishing procedures to perform physical inventory cycle counts, in addition to overseeing the year-end physical inventory counts.
• Manage and oversee the purchasing of all materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the Company. Investigate and solve all problems resulting from purchased items, and delivery problems, however caused.
• Ensure proper production control planning and machine scheduling are adhered to in order to meet customer ship dates. Investigate and follow up on all deviations to the production planning process with each Business Unit Manager as applicable.
• Implement and oversee all ERP modules relating to the procurement of raw materials, machine scheduling, and the labor reporting to each manufacturing order.
• Develop and customize reporting systems that can be utilized as management tools for the inventory and production scheduling subsystems.
• Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with suppliers.
• Responsible for continued improvement efforts for identifying new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery.
• Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
• 4-year Degree preferred
• Minimum experience of 8-10 year’s working Material Manager role including each of the reporting areas, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Production Planning, and Shipping and Receiving.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel.
• Understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
• Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
• Must be able to meet deadlines, multi task and work under pressure.
• Prior experience utilizing an ERP system and knowledge of the JobBoss ERP system is a plus.
EMT provides an exciting and challenging work environment for the right candidate. EMT offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary and an annual incentive bonus plan. EMT’s fringe benefits include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with employer match, employee FSA’s options, and much more. EMT is looking for a career oriented professional to join our organization, who will demonstrate leadership qualities which will assist the company in achieving our aggressive growth and expansion plans.
101 Delaware Avenue
Endicott, NY 13760
By Phone :
Call Human Resources - EMT,LLC at 16077547111138
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :