# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
Start Date :
Engineering Manufacturing Technologies (“EMT”) is a metal component manufacturer located near Binghamton, NY. Our manufacturing facility is over 130,000 sq. ft. and we employ over 100 personnel. EMT has been in business for over 70 years and our manufacturing processes include Punch Press Stampings, Sheet Metal Fabrications, and CNC Machining & Turned parts. EMT is known as a leader in our industry and our manufacturing facility houses the “most state of the art” equipment. Our continued growth in the automotive, aerospace, commercial/industrial, DOD, firearm, and pharmaceutical industries requires EMT to hire an experienced Machine Shop Manager.
Machine Shop Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overseeing all machining operations (i.e. VMC’s, HMC’s, Turning Centers, and drilling/deburring areas) of the company.
• Hands on leader who is detail oriented, strategic, and can train and develop all machining personnel (CNC Programmers, Set Up, and Operators), while also being responsible for initiating clear directives for the machining department, drive continual improvement efforts, oversee & monitor quality control, and lead all production planning and supply chain logistics efforts.
• Responsible for keeping the work area, machines, and machine tooling inventory clean & organized and monitor proper preventive maintenance initiatives on the equipment.
• Initiate accurate production scheduling protocols regarding machines, tooling, fixtures, and personnel to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for estimating all set up times, run times, and lead times for all the machine shop quotes.
• Interpret all drawing & blueprint specifications, dimensions and tolerances to determine most cost effective/efficient sequence of manufacturing operations and set up requirements.
• Ensure consistent continuity between shifts by effectively establishing procedures/documentation that effectively communicate action plans, production goals and continue improvement efforts.
• Communicate daily with production team, quality department, and management top priorities/concerns and resolve all machining quality issues timely.
• Ensure continuity throughout the machine shop with a sense of urgency based on priority and customer needs/requests.
• Hire, train, develop, evaluate, all machining staff as necessary and drive employee ownership of company results.
• Oversee and monitor all safety initiatives in the machining area.
• Evaluate job profitability of all manufacturing job #’s processed through the machining area by reviewing/analyzing, in detail, actual hours verse estimated hours by set up and run times for each machining operation. Then implement continual improvement efforts as necessary.
• Develop systems and procedures that track and monitor productivity metrics and performance targets to ensure the machining departments is optimizing returns for the company.
• Attend daily production meetings and provide status updates on all machining orders.
• Must be willing to work overtime, as required and display a sense of urgency in responding to opportunities and issues.
• The Machining Manager must ensure the accurate monitoring, recording, and reporting of all machining personnel labor hours each day by Job # and operation # by reviewing and approving each employee time card in a format requested by management.
• Minimum of a 4 Year Degree along with 10 plus years as a Machine Shop Operations Manager.
• Previous work experience in a high volume, job shop, fast paced machine shop is essential.
• Experience with CNC Programming (Mastercam), Solid work files, and OKUMA/HAAS Machining centers and lathes is preferred.
• Experience in an ISO 9001-2008 work environment is a must.
• Ability to multitask and motivate employees is essential
• Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings is a pre-requisite
• Excellent written and oral communication is required and the ability to execute initiatives to satisfy customer demands and exceed customer expectations is critical.
• Must have knowledge and experience with utilizing all types of precision measurement equipment.
• Excellent organization and analytical skills along with demonstrating a strong work ethic and superior technical abilities.
EMT provides an exciting and challenging work environment for the right candidate. EMT offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary and an annual incentive bonus plan. EMT’s fringe benefits include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with employer match, employee FSA’s options, and much more. EMT is looking for a career oriented professional to join our organization, who will demonstrate leadership qualities which will assist the company in achieving our aggressive growth and expansion plans.
101 Delaware Avenue
Endicott, NY 13760
By Phone :
Call Human Resources - EMT,LLC at 16077547111138
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :