Publication date: 31.10.2018
Business and Department
Job Title: Welder
Location: Mushroom Blvd, NY
A Welder is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply principles of welding for purposes of construction and maintenance of support utility operations and are sensitive to the hazards involved in these disciplines. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform all aspects of welding work for construction and maintenance related to supporting utility operations. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties.
1. Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with welding related to supporting utility operations.
2. Will be expected to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to perform increasingly complex work appropriate to their level of training and experience.
3. Must have at least one year experience welding related to supporting utility operations or the equivalent. 108
4. Must be a fully qualified Gas Fitter/Gas Fitter Construction.
5. Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to welding and perform the work to correct these problems.
1. Have a satisfactory work record.
2. Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
3. Pass job tests; obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
4. Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
5. Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable emergency situations as able.
6. Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
7. Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
8. Represent the Company in a professional manner.
9. Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.
10. Must have a valid driver's license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job.
* Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED
* A completion certificate from an appropriate technical college, union training program, or military technical training school or equivalent.
This opportunity will offer
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientatio n, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avangrid Service Company distributes power transmission equipments, electrical safety devices, and accessories. The company was formerly known as Utility Shared Services Corporation and changed its name to Iberdrola USA Management Corporation in January, 2010. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Rochester, New York. Avangrid Service Company operates as a subsidiary of Avangrid Networks, Inc.