Publication date: 08.02.2019
Job Title: Lead Analyst - Vegetation Management (NYSEG)
Reports to: Manager, Vegetation Management
Location: LANCASTER, NY Cross
Company responsibility: Yes
Business and Department NYSEG-NY-Lancaster Lancaster,NY
Reads the planning and implementation of vegetation maintenance and environmental programs for construction and maintenance operations. Acts as a liaison with contract issues and the PSC. Focus on transmission vegetation management practices.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1.Administers contracts and provides advice and guidance to company and contractor personnel.
2.Interacts with state, local and federal regulatory agencies.
3.Provides guidance and technical expertise to company personnel during emergency restoration and environmental permit projects. 4.Interacts with customers frequently, resolving complaints and communicating activities. Works outdoors for the extended periods of the time.
5.Plans, Implements, and oversees the vegetation management program for the electric transmission. Provides quality assurance requirements for vegetation management activities.
6.Implements and oversees approval of environmental management and construction plans.
Education & Experience Required:
* Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
* Required knowledge of arboriculture, taxonomy, and pesticide use, plant community ecology, herbicides, tree pathology, horticulture, right-of-way procedures and regulations, engineering technology, electric operations, IVM, and construction practices.
* Knowledge of Company safety manual and customer service standards.
* Valid driver’s license.
* ISA Certified Arborist or ability to become certified within 6 months.
* Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain within 1 year
* Results and proactive orientation.
* Project management, real estate, electrical engineering, budgeting and negotiation skills.
* Be able to work in all types of weather conditions and work on different kinds of terrain.
This opportunity will offer
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or email@example.com
Avangrid Service Company distributes power transmission equipments, electrical safety devices, and accessories. The company was formerly known as Utility Shared Services Corporation and changed its name to Iberdrola USA Management Corporation in January, 2010. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Rochester, New York. Avangrid Service Company operates as a subsidiary of Avangrid Networks, Inc.