# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
Hours per week:
Start Date :
Responsible for managing a department through supervisors or managers. Manages 30+ FTEs with 2 or more manager-level direct reports (or with fewer employees and no supervisor- or manager-level direct reports if covering diverse disciplines and/or complex functions). Drives strategy of the assigned department and contributes to strategy of the assigned area.
* Oversee the daily activities and ongoing strategic planning of a department within a division, ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with M&T and division policy and that all activities of the unit are performed in compliance with applicable law and regulation, and where relevant, investor guidelines.
* Resolve disputed transactions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Negotiate effectively on customer calls. Serve as last line of management on escalated customer matters.
* Oversee compilation of month-end data for distribution to and decision-making by senior management. Understand variance drivers and address overages promptly.
* Interact routinely with senior management of the division to discuss and set business objectives for the assigned unit and team.
* Lead portfolio acquisition activities, driving completion of all tasks in a timely and compliant manner.
* Evaluate unit processes, procedures and policies routinely and approve changes to increase operational efficiency of units managed, maximize resources and minimize expenditures.
* Analyze collection data in assessing unit performance and opportunities for improvement. Escalate potential risks to senior management.
* Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
* Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
* Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
* Manages workflow with a significant amount of complexity and risk exposure and acts independently.
* External contacts include customers, vendors, outside agencies and attorneys.
* Has charge off authority within established authority levels.
* This position has occasional interaction with executive management.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Manages through subordinate managers.
Education and Experience Required:
* A combined total of 10 years of higher education and relevant work experience in call center or bank operations environment, inclusive of 2 years' managerial experience.
* Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
* Strong knowledge of relevant spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
Education and Experience Preferred:
* Master's degree.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong knowledge of departmental systems, documents and procedures.
* Proven ability to motivate team and handle conflict without alienating others.
M & T Bank
At M&T, we understand what's important when you’re considering a career change: a company with a solid history of responsible growth and positive earnings. A company committed to the communities it serves. One that rewards performance and provides employees with opportunities to direct their own career paths. A company with a focus on the future.
As one of the best performing banks in the country, M&T continues to grow, offering ongoing value to our shareholders and opportunity to our employees. Join our team and you'll understand what has kept us strong for more than 150 years: stability with a forward focus, a strong history of community support, and a dedication to being the best employer you'll ever work for.
345 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14203
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :