# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
Hours per week:
Start Date :
This position is responsible for completing the most complicated file reviews to ensure all documentation necessary for loss mitigation evaluation has been received prior to underwriting.
* Understand investor's waterfall and required documents for loss mitigation. Ensure receipt of all required documentation, including, but not limited to, a hardship letter, bank statements, pay stubs, alimony agreements and evidence of social security or pension payments.
* Identify proof of income listed on financial documents.
* Request missing or additional documentation needed to move forward with the borrower's request for loss mitigation.
* Communicate with the Single Point of Contact ("SPOC") regarding follow up document requests.
* Order borrower credit bureau reports and foreclosure fee reports in accordance with M&T procedure and document the request history to ensure compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and investor guidelines.
* Perform quality check on all letters sent to borrowers from the SPOC, closing and underwriting teams. Identify sources of communication errors.
* Respond to escalation tasks opened by SPOC and instruct team members as to prevention of similar escalations.
* Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
* Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position serves as a critical control point for the loss mitigation process, ensuring that all investor and regulatory requirements are met with respect to documentation for loss mitigation, including credit reports.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
* A combined 4 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' default servicing experience.
* General personal computing skills including proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Education and Experience Preferred:
* Bachelor's degree.
* Mortgage collections experience.
* Knowledge of M&T systems.
M & T Bank
At M&T, we understand what's important when you’re considering a career change: a company with a solid history of responsible growth and positive earnings. A company committed to the communities it serves. One that rewards performance and provides employees with opportunities to direct their own career paths. A company with a focus on the future.
As one of the best performing banks in the country, M&T continues to grow, offering ongoing value to our shareholders and opportunity to our employees. Join our team and you'll understand what has kept us strong for more than 150 years: stability with a forward focus, a strong history of community support, and a dedication to being the best employer you'll ever work for.
345 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14203
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :