Summary of role:
Avera Semi is looking for a strong people manager with design experience to lead a world-class IP development layout team! HSS layout managers at Avera Semi are responsible for leading a global team of layout engineers to create designs on silicon for our industry-leading SerDes offerings. These cutting edge designs require the most advanced techniques and utilize the latest tools available. The mission of the department is to develop custom analog, and mixed signal circuits capable of the operating at the highest performance possible. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with both people management and IP development. In addition to people management responsibilities such as coaching, and career and skill development, experience in establishment of a consistent set of best practices across the team to facilitate the highest quality workflow is strongly desired. The ability to work with project managers and technical leads to develop a strategy to ensure layout completion of multiple complex 'in flight' programs is essential.
Alternation Locations available - Position can be located in either Burlington, VT, East Fishkill, NY or Raleigh, North Carolina
* Develop and own the layout design methodology
* Close schedules & resources in support of internal complex IP development
* Drive collaboration and design consistency across all teams & GEO's
* Forward looking to ensure preparation to handle peaks in layout demands
* Manage team of employees including all people management responsibilities
* Manage team of temporary workers including closure on cost, monthly invoices, and contracts (Statement of Work)
* Sustain, enable, and grow a highly talented technical team
* Decision making to balance priorities and resources while keeping track of aggressive product schedules
* Travel - Up to 5%
* BS in Electrical Engineering
* 11 Years of overall semiconductor experience
* 5 Years experience in analog Layout
* 5 Year experience in layout team leadership
* Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
* MS in Electrical Engineering
* 11 Years experience in analog Layout
* Demonstrated application of circuit design principles/experience
* 7 years experience in layout team leadership
* Demonstrated strong project management skills
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.