Reporting to the Manager of Workplace Services, the Executive Deskside Support Technician will be responsible for providing technical support for Guardian customers. This includes onboarding, "how to" questions, equipment replacement, loaner laptops and any break-fix issues. The technician will also work on project related activities as needed. The position will deliver support for Windows, Mac and mobile devices and have a thorough understanding of the different technologies available in the office and for the work from home users. The technician will escalate any in-depth requests to the appropriate teams to resolve more time-consuming complex problems. He/She will work closely with all IT areas to ensure we deliver and meet the highest standards of technical support.
The support technician needs to have a strong background in customer service and customer experience. Knowledge of new technology and being able to react quickly is a key criteria for this role as the responsibility will be split. He/She must have strong technical and time management skills to help drive improvements in the support we deliver. Responsibilities:
- High degree of professionalism and quality customer service with all level of staff
- Provide recommendations to Executives on the best use of IT Services to meet their needs
- Configure Executive's personal devices, including laptops, desktops, mobiles, video and teleconferencing devices, and onboarding needs
- Take ownership of all hardware and software issues identified
- Coordinate internal office moves for Executives
- Provide well-articulated, business-oriented responses to Executive queries regarding IT within their areas of expertise and solicit answers from others as necessary
- Provide off-hours support within a team rotation
- Provide support at various sites based on team rotation
- Responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with all IT vendor support personnel to foster a collaborative environment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and apply logical solutions to resolve problems pertaining to personal devices, network connectivity, printing and application usage for the Executive team
- Efficiently utilize standard support tools and systems to quickly resolve issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for building a positive working team environment in which diverse staff feel committed to the business and the team can fully contribute
- Responsible for professionally dispatching work to suppliers for resolution where appropriate and following up to ensure completeness of tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring incidents are electronically logged to ensure activities can be analyzed and reported by the IT organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology field preferred.
- Technical certifications a plus.
- 4 years working with and supporting senior executives - person must understand the complexities of executive personalities and can withstand the pressures of the work.
- Advanced Application configuration knowledge, application compatibility.
- Demonstrate history of successful extensive customer-facing white glove service
- Experience working with remote and travel users - plans for dealing with issues that come up as the executives are traveling.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ensure we consistently deliver superior, modern and cutting-edge solutions
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Must adapt and quickly adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis for escalated issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Strong technical expertise and industry experience
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies
- Maturity in assessing the urgency of an issue and understanding proper escalation
- Self starter
Experience with the following:
- Hardware: Laptop, desktop, mobile devices, monitors, AV equipment, etc.
- Software: Microsoft Operating Systems, IOS, Mac, Microsoft O365, Skype for Business
- Technologies: Packaging, Deployment, Patch management, SCCM, etc.
- Will require travel to remote sites to support users.
- Ability to work after hours in the event of afterhours deployments/production changes or issues which may arise in production environment.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years. Every day, we serve approximately 27 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at guardianlife.com
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Copyright 2019 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York NY.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity