Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of todays global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings Global Operations is recruiting a Data Management, Associate Director to join the group. The position will be responsible for supporting the Data Management Director with the management of enterprise-wide data. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, governance, controls, compliance and policy development; including interaction with third party data providers, internal technology and internal ratings analytical staff. Accountabilities:
- Be a key contributor to the development of a data governance framework across Fitch Ratings ensuring that data assets are appropriately managed across the organization.
- D ocument workflow processes using standard tools and procedures. Publish these standard processes to ensure universal compliance.
- Engage with data users to identify incremental data needs and paths to obtain and make this data available. Identify and remediate issues affecting analyst productivity and quality.
- Maintain data definitions, process documentation, and data governance policies.
- Champion an environment of teamwork and collaboration across regions and departments.
- Produce management reporting/metrics on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Chief Operating Officer, Global Analytical Head, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Technology Officer and others informed of operations and progress.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science
- Fixed Income data management experience
- 5 years of experience managing Data Governance and Data Quality projects in a Global organization
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of master and reference data elements, processes and organizational support models
- Understanding of Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Data Quality Tools
- Ability to independently analyze and solve complex problems involving data quality issues and business rule conflicts
- Proven experience partnering, collaborating, and communicating with business stakeholders and engineers, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously
- Financial market knowledge to understand and integrate the demands of various regions is preferred
- Strong communication skills, especially as it relates to supporting and influencing data governance and data quality programs
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitchs credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http: //www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity