POSITION - Union: Electric Field Planner A (Trainee Acceptable), (Ithaca, NY)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: NYSEG-NY-ITHACA SERVICE CENTER
1. Under directive supervision:
a. Locates service entrances; has superficial public contact.
b. Makes field checks.
c. Prepares service orders, routine work orders, bills of materials, analysis sheets and joint field agreements.
d. May participate in restoring service interrupted by storms.
e. Does other related or less skilled work as required.
2. Under close supervision:
a. Performs less complicated electric field planning work required for the construction, maintenance, retirement or renewal of overhead and underground transmission, distribution or utilization systems, substations and general plant.
b. Assists Electric Field Planners in higher classifications with the more complicated work.
3. Will be expected to absorb Company training in electric field planning work, measured by appropriate job knowledge tests, as a basis for continuing in electric field planning work. This includes obtaining knowledge of electric instruments, materials, equipment and apparatus as they apply to this work; company policies; joint facilities agreements, construction standards and accounting procedures; use of surveying instruments; applicable codes and safety rules; and a general knowledge of the work of related departments to permit coordination of effort.
Skills and Requirements
1. Must possess A.A.S. degree in electrical technology or its equivalent as determined by an appropriate test.
2. Must have a current New York State automobile operator's license.
1. Must be able to meet the General Requirements for all employees as outlined in the Preamble to the Job Specification Manual.
2. Must be neat in work and apply the principles of safety, economy, and adequacy of service.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market:
Avangrid Service Company distributes power transmission equipments, electrical safety devices, and accessories. The company was formerly known as Utility Shared Services Corporation and changed its name to Iberdrola USA Management Corporation in January, 2010. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Rochester, New York. Avangrid Service Company operates as a subsidiary of Avangrid Networks, Inc.