# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
Part Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
This position serves to enhance the strength of the Finance function at the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc.(FLWIB). FLWIB was formed to advance the economic well-being of job seekers and employers in the Finger Lakes Region. FLWIB’s primary source of revenue comes from the New York State Department of Labor’s (NYSDOL) Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA). FLWIB contracts with several service providers in the counties of Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates, New York. FLWIB also seeks revenue from non-WIOA sources and offers career exploration events that benefit current and future job seekers as well as employers.
This position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Fiscal Coordinator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Have primary responsibility for all non-WIOA funding sources including but not limited to budget preparation, preparation of required vouchers and reports, monitor actual spending against approved spending and recommend budget modifications that may be required.
• Serve as backup to the Fiscal Coordinator for WIOA reporting, journal entry preparation and other duties that may be required.
• Assist Fiscal coordinator in preparing monthly financial statements, budget preparation, fiscal monitoring of sub-recipient contracts and other duties that may be required.
• Serve as backup to the CFO for bank reconciliations, monthly reconciliation report to NYSDOL, journal entry preparation and approval, general ledger account review and analysis and other duties that may be required.
• Serve as backup to the Executive Assistant for payroll processing and weekly entry of accounts payable and related issuing of checks.
• Assist in the annual audit process as needed.
• Interact with other staff as required to complete duties.
• May assist with grant writing and new grant budgets.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent and demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
• Experience using Sage MIP (Abila) fund accounting software a plus
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to complete detailed tasks with a high level of accuracy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision and make appropriate decisions
• Ability to research and analyze detailed information accurately
• Ability and desire to understand the overall function of FLWIB and apply this understanding to work performed
• Ability to interact with others in a positive, cooperative and supportive manner
• Must have own transportation
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited institution with 3-5 related years experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered if there is demonstrated and adequate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the accrual method of accounting and their application.
22.5 hours per week and $30.00 per hour. Pro-rated benefits and annual leave will be available.
Authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014, the System is founded on the principles of universal access, streamlined services, customer choice, client satisfaction, performance accountability and continuous improvement.
It is demand-driven, focusing on businesses as well as job seekers.
It embodies the One-Stop concept bringing information about access to employment, education and training to a single location.
41 Lewis Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :