Job Order ID :
# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required :
Part Time Regular
Hours per week:
***VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY***
The Part-time Warehouse Floor Assistant will be responsible for supporting various team members as needed. He/she will act as a backup person to help assemble boxes for packing, select items for shipment, as well as, receiving shipments.
- Assist to assemble corrugated boxes for packing use.
- Help to change method of packing for garments according to customer requirements.
- Select item orders during high volume times.
- Sort items on racks, shelves or bins according to Lafayette 148 standards.
- Assist in loading orders when UPS or truck arrives for pick up.
- Support as needed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience in fashion industry a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience in the garment industry.
- Warehouse work experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Candidate must be able to communicate both verbal and written in English.
- Team player.
- Frequent bending, pushing, pulling and lifting, twisting and reaching.
- Fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency on assignments.
- Part-time position with lots of over-time available.
Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corp.