Job Order ID :
# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
Reports to: Materials Manager
Status: Regular Full Time Employee
Job Summary: Assist the materials department
- Operate vehicle for storage or removal of materials
- Load, unload, and stage materials
- Track and record units of materials handled
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, General Educational Development Diploma (GED) or equivalent experience
- Must be able to understand and carry out basic instructions while performing manual production related tasks.
- Must be able to successfully use basic, math, writing, and reading skills necessary to complete the required paperwork and projects.
- Familiarity with pallet jack, forklift, or other industrial vehicles
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
- Computer skills
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. repetitively
- Must be able to handle large pieces of glass
- Free to move about plant environment as necessary
- Must be self-motivated with a proper sense of urgency
- Able to operate necessary equipment for the position: hand jack, telephone, computer, etc.
- Must be able to walk and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to get along with other employees
- Must be able to follow directions from superiors
- Ability to multitask
- Employee is frequently assigned to changing priorities
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- On the job training regarding the operating equipment, work processes, quality standards, and safety procedures related to the position.
- Must be punctual and able to stay on the job for the required number of hours.
- Work weeks are usually 5 days. Employee may be requested to work overtime, with paid compensation